Señora Sally Delplanche
Spanish Specialist grades K-5
The VCES Spanish Program:
We focus on the 5 “C” goal areas, or World Readiness Standards, of learning a language: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons and Communities. Students receive 70 minutes of Spanish instruction per week in grades 1-5, (50 minutes per week in Kindergarten), providing students with basic Spanish they can use to be Effective Communicators, Lifelong Learners, Responsible Citizens and Faith Witnesses.
Our Spanish curriculum uses music, movement, speaking, reading and writing to build a basic Spanish foundation for future second language learning and make Spanish FUN!
Grades 1-5 use a textbook series titled: Descubre Español from Santillana publishing.
To see the curriculum themes per grade level, click grade levels below:
- Kindergarten Kinder Grade Level Expectations PDF
- First First Grade Level Expectations PDF
- Second Second Grade Level Expectations PDF
- Third Third Grade Level Expectations
- Fourth Fourth Grade Level Expectations
- Fifth Fifth Grade Level Expectations
To contact Sra. Delplanche with questions:
Available Fall 2018