Ms. Butzer’s 4th Grade Classroom
Every good action and every perfect gift is from God. James 1:17
Contact at: email@example.com
Notes from the Teacher
Hello 4B Families,
I hope you all are having a wonderful start to this week enjoying this beautiful fall weather outside.
Things to be checking for this week would be your child’s weekly reading log and signing their agenda each night. These are two forms of communication that help all of us stay on the same page! Please note, this Friday is a half day! There is no school this coming Monday 11/12 for Veterans Day. I do look forward to meeting with you all either that Tuesday or Wednesday about your child’s progress this year! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful week!
Curriculum at a Glance
Week of November 5th
– Journey’s story: The Power of W.O.W.
– Word Work
– Picture Dictionary
– Fist to Five Vocabulary
(Your child can also access the Journeys reader. Be sure to enter the School District as the Archdiocese of Portland Ed. Office, and the School as Valley Catholic Elem Mid Sch. Then enter your child’s username and password, and click on Grade 4.)
– Dialogue in Writing
– Narrative Writing Unit
– Take Home Task #4
– There, Their, They’re
Ms. Butzer’s Math Class: (My Homework Packet due FRIDAY 11/9)
-Problem Solving – Reasonable Answers
–Factors and Multiples
-Chapter 3 Review for Test on Thursday Afternoon
(This year the fifth grade has adopted the McGraw Hill My Math curriculum. This curriculum has online resources, including a student textbook. Students can access these resources by going to this page, choosing “Log in to My Programs,” clicking my.mheducation.com, and then logging in.)
– Chapter 4 Our Conscience, Our Guide
– Interior Valleys (who, what, where, why, when, how)
- Valley Catholic Elementary School Events
- 11/9 VCES Half Day 11:30 dismissal
- 11/12 No School (Veterans Day observed)
- 11/13 No School: Conferences 12pm-8pm
- 11/14 No School: Conferences 8am-12pm
- 11/20 VCES Picture Retake Day
- 11/21 VCES Half Day 11:30 dismissal
- 11/21-11/23 No School: Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11/27 VCES Free Dress for a Dollar Day
- Library/ Computer is on Tuesdays and Thursdays -Check out and return books!
- Music/Violins is on Tuesdays and Thursdays-Bring violin to school!
- PE is on Mondays and Wednesday-Remember to bring P.E. Clothes